The Community Outreach Program is staffed entirely by women belonging to communities served by us. Swasth identifies, nominates and trains 1-2 women from the catchment area of the Health Center as health workers.
- Obtaining patient feedback on quality of services at Swasth Health Centers, and suggestions for improvement
- Providing disease prevention information (e.g. safe drinking water)
- Provide low-cost options for health, hygiene & sanitation related Over-The-Counter (OTC) products (e.g. Chlorine tablets)
- Early diagnosis and detection of ailments (especially chronic ailments such as hypertension, diabetes) through health camps
1. Door-to-Door Outreach: Health workers go door-to-door and spread awareness about the Swasth Health Center, educate people on good health practices, provide access to OTC products and detect people with chronic ailments.
2. Group Meetings: Swasth holds monthly meetings in the community to provide preventive-promotive health services through activities like disease detection camps (diabetes, anemia) and health talks.
3. Swasth Mela: A team comprising of doctor, lab technician, optometrist, doctor assistant and community mobilizer visits a well-known and easily accessible place in the slums to provides the following services:
- Doctor check-up (free)
- Hypertension detection (free)
- Diabetes detection (free)
- Anemia detection (free)
- Eye check-up and prescription glasses (Rs 100 per pair)
- Medicines based on need (Rs 20 per prescription)
- Over-the-counter dispensable (OTC) drugs at 50% discount
- Followup pathology tests for patients at high risk for Hypertension and/or Diabetes (80%+ discount)